Thursday, October 2, 2008

A Corral For Twelve Twigs



These photos shows the front  and back sides  of my stick project A Corral For Twelve Twigs. I used Milk Weed Plant Twigs that had died which I found along a ravine in front of my house in Greensboro NC.   These twigs are long reeds which I cut into several sizes at a slant at the tip to form 90 degree angles when  glued  together. Then arranged three twig angles in a graduated position, large to small in a single band of black construction paper. I choose the color black to compliment the natural silver color of the twigs. There are two bands intersected one into the other band making the twigs parallel each other. The ends of the twigs protrude from the sides of the bands. This allows the project to be supported by the legs.  I found This arrangement caused the negative space between the angles  of twigs to cast a shadow when placed on a light colored plane.



No comments: